Monday, August 26, 2013

Perfect Weekend

My weekend started out with a pretty fantastic Friday in which I spent time with a bunch of friends and saw some great bands.  On Saturday I went and sat on the patio of one of my favourite restaurants and enjoyed a sushi bowl ...


while watching my favourite local band play a killer acoustic set.


The weather was perfect to sit out on a patio and enjoy good food, drinks, and tunes.  

After the show, we headed out to celebrate a friend's birthday.  We sang a little karaoke and did a little dancing.  When the photos from the evening turn out like this, you know it was a fun night:


Sunday afternoon/evening was spent soaking up sun in the backyard at a family dinner.  

This past weekend was the last of my holidays before going back to work, and it could not have been any better.  What a great way to end off my summer holidays!

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Allysia said...

Love the sushi bowl! I'm glad I devised a replica so that I can eat it when I'm thousands of kilometers away. :) Also Chris looks like the jolliest bongo guy ever. I can't believe you're going back to work already, that's crazy! I guess all of my teacher friends will be! At least you had a great weekend to finish the holidays off with.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I can't believe your summer holiday is coming to an end already... it feels like it just started! Summers felt SO LONG when I was a kid; as an adult, they feel so so short.

I had a wonderful weekend in New York which I will be posting about tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the summer is over already. It feels like it just started! My weekend was good!