Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weeeeekend!

We had some leftover rice from the shrimp bee bim bop, so we used it on Friday in chicken fried rice (cooked rice, sesame oil, kimchi, kimchi juice, chicken, cucumber, carrot, spinach, green onion, bell pepper).

 
 

Yesterday I went to the mall for a bit, as I was on the lookout for a new bathing suit.  I grabbed a small tofu tom yum soup from Thai Express and ate about half, just to hold me over until dinner.


I also grabbed a cocomint tea from David's Tea (I love that place), and was impressed with Smart Set's change rooms, as they had a place for it to hang out while I tried on a thing or two. 


They also had special places to put a purse, ipod and sunglasses.  Cute!  I don't do a lot of shopping in the clothing stores in my city, so I had no idea they made change rooms like this!  

This morning we made pancakes, and Christopher taught me that they can be really darn good with some sour cream and brown sugar on top. 



Easy Pancake Batter
(Betty Crocker)

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup flour (I used 1/2 cup whole wheat, 1/2 white)
1 T baking powder
1 T sugar
2 T oil
pinch salt

Beat the egg.  Add the rest and whisk until not lumpy.  Ta-da!

What were you up to this weekend?  Have you ever had sour cream and brown sugar on pancakes or on anything else?  (Strawberries are really good dipped into this combination).

3 comments:

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

mmmm that tom yum soup looks so good!!

I've never seen those little cubbies in the stores either, but it's smart! There is always too much stuff in my hands, and trying to find a good place to put its tricky to find places for it (especially if there are no shelves!)

Kacy said...

I LOVE sour cream so I'm going ot have to try that combination ASAP!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love sour cream but I have never had them on pancakes. My family likes whipped cream and strawberries on ours. Yum.

My weekend was pretty good. A little hectic as I had a lot of studying to do and also went to a baby shower and a lunch with girlfriends. And then I spent a lot of time thinking about my upcoming decision and researching apartments which depressed me. :/