Friday, January 11, 2013

Foodie Survey

Your must-have kitchen accessory is:
A good, sharp, chefs' knife.

What is your go-to ingredient?
Sesame oil or ginger.

What nationality of food do you like the best?
Korean.  I also love Japanese and Mexican.

What's your favorite meal of the day to prepare?
Dinner, definitely.  I hate making my lunch, and breakfast has become a bit of an annoyance too (mostly because I like to sleep).

Where do you find inspiration when creating a new dish?
Blogs ... or Christopher - he comes up with a lot of ideas around here.

Who has been your greatest inspiration in the kitchen?
Easy - my mom.  She was a master in the kitchen.  Unfortunately she is no longer well enough to cook.

What is your favorite comfort food?
Soup.

Do you ever eat fast food? If so, what?
Yes, I love fast food burgers, but I rarely eat them.  I like DQ or A&W burgers.  I also like Taco Time (veggie burrito, and mexi fries deluxe please).

What restaurant do you want to eat at that you haven't eaten at yet?
The French Laundry or Per Se. 

Are there wines or liquors that you cook with?
I cook with wine quite a bit, but not liquors.  I've cooked with beer.  I've baked with both wine and beer numerous times.

How much time do you spend cooking a meal just for yourself?
Up to an hour.  Not usually more if it's just for me.  I hate cooking for one.  Meals are meant to be shared with people.

What scent in the kitchen do you love – what ingredient smells the best?
Onions frying is probably the best smell in the kitchen.  Or bread/buns baking. 

What ingredients do you avoid/dislike?
I am not a huge fan of blue cheese, but I don't hate it as much as I used to.  I have used it in a recipe, and it was good.

What's your favorite midnight snack?
Depends what I am doing.  If I am just rolling home around midnight or later, it's obviously pizza!  Extra green olives.  If I am at home alone, it's probably a grapefruit.

On your day off, how do you like to spend it?
Cooking, eating, movies & snuggling ... or getting the heck out of town!

If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
Grilled cheese for sure.  I'd make this one again.

You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens or dressing); what do you throw in the mix? Mushrooms, onion, tomato, bacon.

TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
We never eat in front of the TV.  We sit at the table.  Although, the TV might be on playing music.  I eat my breakfast at the computer usually though (if I am by myself).


What are some of your answers to the questions above?


4 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

totally love your scent preference. LOVE the smell of onions....yummmmm!

Allysia said...

A chef's knife is essential - I can't believe I went so long without one. And pizza for sure is the best midnight snack (or ramen, but that's way less fancy).

Kacy said...

I love that you admitted to loving fast food burgers. I do too. I LOVE A&W, but they're hard to find around here.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I agree on the chef knife being a kitchen essential! I love my Wusthof (sp?) chef knife!

My favorite 'fast food' place is definitely Chipotle. Yum.

On my salad, I'd have totatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, and avocado!