Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Balance

After a weekend of eating junk the hubby and I were craving some one-ingredient foods.  
Summer squash and salmon for instance ...


As much as I love cheesy dips and other munchies, a plate of fruit and green tea is sometimes all that I crave.  My body does a really good job of telling me what it needs and when it needs it.  Balance is most important.  I can tell instantly when something in my life is out of balance.  A few weeks ago the work/play aspect of my life was out of balance, but luckily that is much better now that I am done classes.


The hubby asked if we could eat some vegetarian meals this week, and of course I said yes!  We had a hippie bowl this evening and tomorrow we are having sweet potato burritos.

Do you feel that your life is currently in balance?  
What, if anything, is off balance in your life right now?

10 comments:

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga said...

"Do you feel that your life is currently in balance? = No!

And I don't ever think it will be, fully...that's okay, too. I accept that it's full of crazy extremes and being super busy!

Allysia said...

Where did you find those cute little squashes?? And a hippie bowl and sweet potato burrito sounds like the kind of food Logan regularly requests. :)

Simply Life said...

Agreed! Sometimes I can't wait for a big meal and other times i just want fruit and veggies!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I think my life is in balance right now, but that is about to change when i start studying for my next CFA exam at the end of this month. So for now, I am enjoying the sense of balance I Feel!

Anonymous said...

I think my life is a hectic mess....haha

Kacy said...

I would say I'm pretty balanced right now, but wish I was sleeping better. That would make everything better.
I love veg meals!

Faith @ For the Health of It said...

Your baby sqaushes are downright adorable. I love how tiny they are!

Anonymous said...

I think I might have balance but noooooooo focus left. I mentally checked out of work for the holidays about a week ago! Next Friday can't come soon enough!!

Mom on the Run said...

This time of year is so hard to keep in balance. Too many things and people to get too. I am finding myself simplifying meals and just doing the basics.

Ameena said...

I rarely feel like there is a balance in my life...too much work and running around after others. Too little relaxing and enjoyment!