Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I was home sick on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with the flu, but thankfully I went back to work today, and I am feeling much better.  Thanks for all the well wishes!
My fever is gone, and now I just have a cough. 

I didn't eat much yesterday.  This was the extent of it:

(I only ate 1 slice of this French toast)

(Bowl of canned mushroom soup with 6 crackers)

(2 eggs scrambled with veggies)

This morning I had a vegan overnight oat/ banana soft serve parfait:


Lunch was leftover pineapple chicken, a clementine and an iced cappuccino.  We have no groceries because I have been too sick to go grocery shopping, so we had to go out for supper.  We went to a small coffee house that serves fresh, vegetarian meals.  I had a guacamole and veggie wrap with a small bowl of Indian Vegetable Curry Soup.

This evening I received news that a room at a long-term care home is now available for my mom.  She has been in the hospital for over 5 months now, so I am thankful that she will be able to settle into a permanent home starting on Monday.  It has been a tough 5 months with hospital changes, and room changes, etc., and I hope the transition into the home goes well.  

What are you thankful for today?

13 comments:

Amber said...

Yay I am glad you're feeling better! I was wondering where you'd went :-)

Simply Life said...

Oh I'm so happy to hear it sounds like your mom is doing better!

winkingannie said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Feeling sick is the pits. It's great that your mom finally got placed in a long-term care home.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Alaina said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better. My father-in-law had a really bad fever/flu last week so it must be going around. I am very relieved to hear that your mom is going into long-term care. It will no doubt be another hard change for her but hopefully one for the best.

Kacy said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and that your Mom is getting to move to a permanent home. That is great!

Unknown said...

Awe, bless your mom's heart! Praying for her and a smooth transition.

Are you feeling better??

I am thankful for my family for sure!

:Deliciously Healthy said...

That's awesome news for your mom!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

oh girl so sorry about the flu but it sounds like youre on the mend. thank goodness!

thanks for the info you left me about slow cookers, that you like yours and use it, just not too terribly much. I know you're an awesome cook, and so i really appreciate your input !

xoxo

Yelena said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

Also, I really hope things go well for your mom. I'm sure it's a huge relief for you- five months is a long time to wait for resolution.

Take care girl!

eatmovelove said...

I am so happy to hear that news about your Mom. You are such a strong girl Jolene. I've worked in many of these centers and have an idea of what the family goes through - and most certainly the Resident. I hope she is well cared for.

Now, I know this is horrible to say, but I wish my appetite would go some day...:(...or I don't even have an appetite - but eat to squelch the feelings. Step 1: Recognition/acknowledgement. Is it okay if I stay at this step for awhile...? ;)

Kelsey Ann said...

seductive parfait as usual!!! i like the pure snowy white look with the layering of oats in between!! thats one i should definitely try!!

i hope youve been having a great weekend love. happy sunday!

xoxo

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh wow, you were really down and out with the flu! I hope it's 100% behind you. It's tough to bounce back from those tough bugs sometimes!

I had such a busy week so am so behind on blogs... and I don't remember what I was thankful for on Thurday, so today I am thankful that my last double digit run went so dang well!

sophia said...

YES!!! That is wonderful news! I know you've been worried abt your mom for quite a while, so what a great relief! I'm thankful for that too, for the peace of all your family.