Wednesday, October 4, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Thank you to everyone who checked in and said hi to Christopher after his first blog post.  He loved reading your nice comments, and says he'll be back to do another post some time 😁  It was fun for each of us to be on the other side, and although he always reads the comments on here, he was extra excited to see the comments this time.  I had fun sitting back and watching TV while he did the writing.  He wouldn't let me peek until he was done - cute, haha!

As he explained, we had a delicious weekend, and his band Lunar Lander Dance Commander rocked their show on Friday night.


We also celebrated a bit over the weekend, as we paid off my car.  We had been making extra lump-sum payments all year to try and knock out the loan fast, and ended up getting rid of it in a year.  It's nice to be back to no car payments, and since I still have a seven year bumper-to-bumper warranty, and Christopher's car has low km, we should stay car payment free for quite a while now.  We won't be buying any vehicle until we absolutely have to; we don't see the point. 

On Monday evening we made a pot of chicken noodle soup, using stock that we had prepared and froze a week prior.


Last night we fried some of our homemade perogies, and had those with farmer sausage.


Sour cream, sriracha and green onion toppings:


This evening we just had leftover soup.

Breakfast recently was oatmeal made with coffee and coconut water, topped with maple flakes, grapes, PB, cacao, and chia seeds:


Sooooo good! 

It was nice to just relax this past weekend, as we have a lot going on in the next couple of months (fun but still a lot).  I also have some gift buying to do this month, and I also need to find a good Halloween costume.  I always leave my Halloween costume until the last minute, and I am really hoping to come up with something new and different, and maybe more creative this year.

Are you planning on dressing up for Halloween?  Is your social calendar filling up this time of year?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It was fun to read a post from Christopher's perspective. You can just tell that he is a fun guy from the way her writes! You two are such a great pair!!

My social calendar is really full for the next several months. I'm not accepting anymore plans for october unless it's for something like a walk with a friend. I really need to work on not over-committing as it's something that I just keep doing over and over and over again!!

I will not be dressing up on Halloween this year. Since it's on a Tuesday it will be a low key night for us. I actually booked a prenatal massage for that night but will still be home in time to hand out some candy. We are in Asheville the weekend before Halloween so will miss out on any potential parties. But I am still going to have my annual pumpkin carving night the night before Halloween. It's not ideal to come back on a Sunday from a 5 day trip and host people on monday night but oh well! We've hosted a carving night for the last 3 years and I don't want to break the tradition! I will keep it easy and just serve chili and all the fixing and apple crisp for dessert.