Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday the 13th

Happy Friday!  Christopher and I celebrate every Friday the 13th, and we decided to start by meeting for lunch today.  We didn't have much time (you know ... work), so we met at Taco Del Mar for a quick lunch:


I had fish tacos, he had a fish burrito, and we shared chips with queso.

After work I came home to these lovelies:


We actually have a bunch of celebrating ahead, and a really fun next few days, as Sunday is my birthday, and Tuesday is Christopher's.

For dinner we had a veggie and seafood feast on our raclette grill.


We buttered up the raclette grill and cooked shrimp, scallops, salmon, asparagus, golden beets, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, and okra.  We had a couple kinds of bread, with bruschetta mixture, and Gruyere and raclette cheeses to broil under the grill.


The fun this weekend is just getting started ...


After dinner we hung out in the kitchen while I whipped up a pumpkin cream pie:


It's as easy as can be, and simply delicious.


Have you made anything with pumpkin yet this fall?  
How are you spending Friday the 13th?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! And happy early birthday to Christopher! I love that you guys celebrate every Friday the 13th since you got married on a Friday the 13th! Too fun. I can't wait to hear how you celebrate your birthdays and what you eat!!

On Friday I went to a women's conference in Chicago for work and then flew home. My flight got delayed by almost 2 hours so I didn't get to our house until 11:30 that night... so it was a VEEEEERRRRRRRYYY long day for me as I am usually in bed by 9:30-10pm!