Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Family Dinner

On Sunday evening we went to Christopher's parents' home for dinner.  It had been a long time since we had gotten together, and we were looking forward to catching up.

We sat out in the backyard and visited over snacks.


The smell from the BBQ was amazing.


After an hour or so, we went inside where Christopher's dad demonstrated his guitar skills.  He also has gnocchi making skills!


For dinner we enjoyed his homemade herb gnocchi (with lemon, peas, and cheese), along with lamb, a gorgeous tomato salad, and corn.  It was a perfect meal for spring - fresh, colourful, and full of vibrant flavours.


Dessert was pumpkin pie:


We had an absolutely wonderful time, and look forward to getting together with them again soon. 

Have you ever had gnocchi?  Have you ever made gnocchi?
(Christopher and I have never made it, but now we're inspired to give it a try)

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum that meal looks amazing! You exercised such restraint in not over filling your plate too!

I have not made gnocchi before but my friend's husband made some gluten free ones for me once and they were so good!

Joanne (mostlyfitmom) said...

I echo Lisa: that meal looks amazing! I've never made gnocchi, or fresh pasta of any kind, but I do love it. Fresh is pretty much always better :) I've never made lamb, either. I feel like cooking meat is not my forte.

Unknown said...

That looks amazing!! I have never made nor eaten gnocchi....I can barely even spell it!