Saturday, January 3, 2015

Weekend Eats

January has started off rather cold ... but it's fine by us, we don't plan to leave the house in January at all, other than for work and to feed the 'rents cats/shovel their driveway when they are away.  This weekend, our first of many cozy weekends inside this month, has started out rather delicious ... and it's only half over.

We've had hearty spaghetti and meat sauce, which is one of my all-time favourite dishes.  It's even better with garlic bread, and red wine.




This morning Christopher made some pico de gallo, while I cooked the bacon and scrambled eggs, for a perfect little breakfast.


Our lunch was inspired by our Montreal travels - smoked meat poutine (with homemade fries of course)!


Dinner this evening was stir fry, loaded with kimchi


We have some tasty plans for tomorrow too!

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It turned cold here last night so I will be hunkering down as much as possible! All the food you made yesterday looks amazing! I made a sausage and pepper penne skillet for us last night which was really good. The Italian sausage had a nice kick so it was good and spicy which is just how we like it! Yesterday was all about being productive so I am planning on relaxing more today! I am going to yoga, doing a video chat with Amber in Canada, and then meeting up with a friend at a museum for a screening of a British commercial awards show (which is supposed to be entertaining) so I still have enough to keep me busy today!