Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Frozen

We are in a deep freeze.  It has been -40 ish the past couple of days - awful.  To warm up we had homemade borscht for supper last night.


For dinner tonight I've whipped up potato soup with dumplings, and I have biscuits all ready for the oven.


We've also been having a lot of cozy evenings inside, watching the new (to us) series we're hooked on, Lost.  It's definitely weird, but it keeps us wanting more.  Although, I seriously cannot stand Jack.  There is nothing likable about that guy - ugh!

What's on the menu in your house tonight?
Did you watch Lost when it was on TV?  What did you think of it?

3 comments:

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Dreadfully cold here too. Just awful! I never watched lost, but I knew people who got hooked!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ugh, it's bitterly cold here, too. Today will be the worst day as it's -35 with the windchill. I am glad I will only have to walk 2 blocks outside! Last night I made a lemon chicken dish for us with asparagus - it was ok, not great but it was healthy! I am definitely craving some good, hearty soups so will have to find a recipe to make this weekend!

Amber said...

Brrr that's so cold! We have had so much yucky and mushy snow lately but luckily it hasn't been too cold which is good.