Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday Things

1)  We were going to go golfing this afternoon; that was until the house got really, really dark, the thunder started to roll, and the downpour began.  I guess it's better now than on Saturday when our friends are getting hitched!  I love weddings!  Have you been to any this summer?

2)  We made a beer butt chicken the other day.  We cooked it for hours on the BBQ on low, with indirect heat.  The skin was super crispy, and the chicken breasts were incredibly moist.


3)  We used the leftover chicken in a curry.


4)  I got to spend the afternoon with this lemon-eating cutie recently:


I know he's my nephew because he loves kimchi.  Not because he's my sister's kid or anything.

5)  We went for lunch to Henry's before heading around the lake.  I had the 1/2 club sandwich and soup combo.  Giovanni only wanted to try my soup if it was spicy.  He's not your average kid.


6)  We took a trip out to Indian Head again this past weekend, so Christopher could help with moving the washer, dryer, stove, etc., into the basement.  He didn't really need a hard hat, but ...


I think he liked wearing it.

7)  There are so many movies in the theatre that we want to see.  Looks like we're going to have a busy movie-going couple of weeks.  Have you seen anything good lately?

8)  Watermelon - it's what's for breakfast.


9)  Dinner last night was grilled salmon with salad.


10)  I just read that there is a 24 hr poutine place in Montreal 
Well, we're in trouble.

2 comments:

superheroinaschollo said...

Hello hello I like your blog and wanted to invite you to be part of a new directory of blogs www.recipebyday.com recipe just born and we would continue to grow, it is very simple just register your blog would have to appear and the links to your recipes to visit you. A greeting and thanks.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Your nephew has gotten so big! I love that he has such a developed, mature palette. He is definitely related to you. ;)

Beer can chicken is one of my favorite ways to eat chicken. Yum. It looks so good! I haven't ever tried to make it on my own but I should this summer!