Wednesday, July 23, 2014

What's up Wednesday

1)  Sometime in June I bought a pack of hotdogs from Costco.  We finished that package the other day, and we won't be buying them again.  They are delicious, but they are also massive, and full of a disgusting amount of fat and sodium.


Don't get me wrong though ... we'll still be eating hotdogs.  We just might buy the more reasonably sized Harvest hotdogs. 

2)  In 24 days we'll be on vacation, but I really want those 24 days to draaaaag, as I do not want to wish summer away.  Our summers are so short in Saskatchewan.  And, I'm also still on holidays for the 24 days leading up to this vacation and I want those to drag on as well.

3)  On Sunday we made a stop at a little fruit stand and got some cherries, and the best strawberries I've ever had.  The smell of the strawberries was incredible! 




4)  The other day when Christopher came home from work for lunch I had a beef shanghai noodle dish ready.  Top it with sriracha, and it's even better.




5)  We watch a lot of cooking/food shows, but for some reason I didn't think we got Pioneer Woman.  I've always loved her blog, have her books, and really wanted to see her show.  Recently a friend told me (thanks Bonnie) that her show does air in Canada, and I've been missing it this entire time!  We've been catching up on re-runs, and I love it!  I think I could totally be a pioneer woman.  We're a little disturbed by her liberal use of butter, although secretly sort of love it.



6)  I'm loving this post.  Honey, time to start saving the bacon fat!!

7)  Speaking of bacon, I made one of my favourite pasta dishes for dinner the other night.  Creamy Parmesan fusilli.  The bacon makes it extra delicious.

 

8)  We've had a lot of cute little bees hanging around the the yard, and we don't mind the little guys at all. 




9)  I made a batch of peanut butter cookies for my mom (and some for Christopher) last week.  They are pretty addictive, and ohhhhh sooo soft.



10)  Breakfast this morning was at The Mercury with my Victoria.  I love that she's willing to go out on the town at 8:00 a.m. with me.  Who have I become!??



How's your week going so far?  What are your Wednesday thoughts?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love that you have 8 am breakfast dates! Breakfast is one of my favorite meals so I'd be all about meeting up for breakfast if I wasn't working!

My Wednesday thoughts are that I am kind of cranky because I encountered a road closure on the way home from running club and sat there for 40 MINUTES. And then I tried to make a baked potato for dinner and my microwave stopped working. So I emailed the property manager and right after I did that, the microwave appeared to reset and is (hopefully) now working so I had to send an 'um, nevermind' email. Bleh.

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I love a good farm/road side stand. Beautiful strawberries!