Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Ten on Tuesday

1)  Food is not my favourite thing to photograph ... people are.  But, in second place, I love to photograph fresh, unaltered produce in the summer.  Strawberries are just so pretty!


2)  After a busy weekend, our dinner on Sunday evening was falafal stuffed pitas (also with homemade tzatiki, spinach, tomato, and hummus).


3)  We had spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and parmesan sauce yesterday.  I seriously could eat an entire spaghetti squash to myself. 


4)  I went for a walk around the lake this morning.  The geese weren't too hot yet, so they were hanging out outside the water ...

Eating:


Looking out for their young:


And intimidating the other gangs:


5)  We BBQd some salmon recently, and enjoyed it with veggie rice.


6)  We visited our local watering hole again the other day ...


And now we're fat.  

7)  We spend a lot of time in the backyard, so we've worked hard to make it lovely.  I've been admiring the flowers lately; they're doing well despite the insane rain we had that I thought would kill them.


8)  I love going to the farmers' market on Wednesdays in the summer, and it's even better that Christopher's sister Victoria can join me, and that when we're done buying things and are visiting at home, darling Christopher comes home from work to make us lunch.


Haha, I'll have his lunch ready for him pretty much every other day this summer.  I'm planning something pretty delicious for tomorrow!

9)  We felt the need to eat nothing but raw veggies and fruits for dinner this evening (please refer to #6).


10)  Breakfasts have looked like this lately ...


And this ...


What are your Tuesday things?  
How's your week going so far?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That's awesome that you get to see Christopher at lunch and how sweet of you to whip up some special eats for him!

My Tuesday drug at work but then flew by afterwards as I went to a class at the gym, quick ran home to shower and then headed over to Phil's for the evening where we enjoyed leftovers and watched an episode of House of Cards and then collapsed into bed as we were both exhausted. My work week is dragging by but the evenings are flying!

Anonymous said...

Lol at the geese gangs from #6. Awesome blog, inspires me to try new dishes! :) - Rebecca P