Friday, June 6, 2014

11 Questions

These 11 questions have been floating around the blogosphere, so I thought I'd play along.  I saw them on my blogger pal Lisa's blog.

1)  What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

Hop in the shower (on weekdays anyway).

2)  What do you eat for breakfast?

Lately during the week it's been a toasted tomato and spinach sandwich or yogurt with toppings.  On weekends we make a bigger breakfast, usually with bacon and eggs of some sort.  This past weekend I made Christopher and I overnight oat parfaits (layered with banana "soft serve").


3)  What's your go-to weeknight meal?

I don't know if we have a go-to meal.  We switch it up quite a bit, but I suppose when we don't have any ideas, and we're trying to use food up, we make bee bim bop.

4)  Do you do any kind of journalling or memory keeping?

Well, I have this blog ...

5)  How do you fix your coffee?  Or do you prefer tea?  Or neither?

I love coffee.  I like it black, or with a touch of cream.  I love tea too, usually with nothing added.

6)  What's the last good book you read?

I can't remember.  I haven't been reading as much as I used to (which was about a book a week), but this summer I plan on reading a few books.

7)  If you had a day all to yourself with no schedule, how would you spend it?

Probably not much differently than I spend the weekends - long, leisurely breakfast, maybe a walk to the coffee shop or around the lake, spend a lot of time in the kitchen and backyard.  Maybe get a massage or pedicure.

8)  What three things are on your life list?

- Earn a PhD and do interesting, engaging research. 
- Celebrate often.
- Grow very, very, very old with my sweetheart.  And still be as silly as we are now.

9)  When you really need to relax or de-stress, where do you go, and what do you do?

In the summer, the deck in the backyard is pretty much perfect.  Pour a beverage, visit and laugh.

10)  What's on your nightstand?

Lamp, clock, phone, glass of water (I bring one to bed with me each night).

11)  What's the last thing you do before you go to sleep?

Brush teeth, wash face, set alarm, listen to Christopher tell me what's happening in the news.

Now it's your turn!  
Answer a question or two (or all) in the comment section! 

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It was fun to read your answers - it's always fun to learn more about others! I should have included a massage or pedicure in my ideal day. :)

Amber said...

Fun! I have seen this on so many blogs so I'm definitely going to do it soon too. My ideal day also includes lots of time at home. I just love spending time at home and being productive around the house!