Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Weekend Celebration: Part 1

We had a wonderful weekend of eating, laughing, and celebrating.  Celebrations don't need to be limited to once or twice a year, or for major things - celebrate the little things!  Our celebrations always consist of really, really good food.


The weekend started with fried chicken and waffles.


Bacon on the side, of course:


After a long, lazy breakfast we played a couple hours of indoor golf, and had a pretty good game! 

Our afternoon snack after golf was cheese and crackers.


We had two kinds of blue cheese (those weren't for me), amber ale cheese, old cheddar, & espresso cheese.  We may have had a chocolate or two:


The great food didn't end at breakfast ...

Have you tried chicken and waffles yet?  Get on it!!  
This is the chicken recipe we use.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Yum! Funny enough I had chicken and waffles this weekend too. On Saturday we went to Buttermilk Channel, one of my fave Brooklyn restaurants, for my mom's birthday. They've won awards for their buttermilk fried chicken with cheddar waffles and cabbage slaw. It was delish, though I think I like the steak I goit last time even better.