If you want to know if the Parmesan is "real" Parmesan, look for the stamp on the rind:
Make sure you look really excited when you grate the Parmesan onto your pasta ;-)
2) The couple days before we left we had absolutely no groceries in the house. We went out for dinner to Swiss Chalet one day, and to Montana's with friends/family Mel and Steve the next.
3) Our flight for Denver was scheduled to leave on Wednesday. We went through security, where I got the full pat-down, we grabbed coffees, and waited to board our flight.
4) We sat on the plane for a good 2 hours, waiting for the weather to improve. I read a couple magazines and prayed that we'd get off the ground.
5) The weather didn't improve and everyone was invited to get off of the plane and wait for more news. We didn't want to get off!
We stuck around a little longer, but eventually our flight was delayed until the next morning :-(
6) We were so sad. We went out for supper to Lancaster to try and pretend we were on vacation.
This pretending was ruined when we had to go home to sleep. Boo!
7) Our new flight was scheduled to leave for 9:00 a.m. Thursday morning. We were at the airport for 5:30, as we still didn't know if we were confirmed on the flight, and we were told to show up very early. We boarded late, around 9:45, which was frustrating. We then sat on the plane for hours - again. The engine was not covered the night before and it froze. They blew hot air in the engine to melt the ice. Once that problem was fixed, the engine has a major malfunction! We were asked to get off the plane again, and were told that our flight was cancelled and wouldn't be rescheduled until Friday morning, at which time they hoped it would be fixed!!
8) We spent the entire day in the airport, stressed out, waiting in lines and on the phone for hours, and looking at flights to Vegas, Toronto, etc., in a desperate attempt to just get away somewhere. After Christopher waited in a line for about two hours for food vouchers and a hotel voucher (we were NOT going to go home to sleep again), a kind soul told him that she had one seat on a flight to Denver for 3:30. He took that seat and went on the standby list. Eventually, after a string of stressful events, the kind soul pulled a few strings she didn't have to pull and got us both on the flight. We were so relived that we didn't have to go home again and lose two days of our trip.
9) By this time, we were both exhausted. I got a coffee with cream, and was a little disturbed by the ingredient list on the "cream".
I didn't use it.
10) This third flight took off without incident. We arrived in Denver and headed to our beautiful Hotel, The Warwick. The room was huge with a walk-in closet, separate bedroom and balcony. It also has a rooftop pool that is open year round! Nice!
We wanted to make the most of our little vacation, so we didn't sleep much over the next few days.
How was your long weekend?
Do you have any travel/airport horror stories?