Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dragon Fruit and Fat and Things

I remember how amazed I was the first time I cut into a dragon fruit ...


It wasn't what I was expecting.  But it was absolutely gorgeous.


I also forgot how good these things are!  They are almost exactly like a kiwi in texture, with a flavour that Christopher describes as a combination of kiwi and pear.

We enjoyed the dragon fruit on Saturday with some more fruit and a southern breakfast, complete with crawfish omelets, bacon and grits.


I am craaaaaaaaazzzy about grits.


In other news, I bought this:


Yeah, I like fat.

Don't judge.

Have you ever had dragon fruit?
Do you like fat?

4 comments:

thewiildmagnola said...

Never tried dragon fruit.

Tiny amounts of fat....never tried goose fat either.

I love grits too.

Loved the post.

Losing in the City said...

I have never had dragon fruit, but your pictures makes me want to try it.. it's so beautiful.. i love grits as well. i used to dislike it until i had amazing grits in new orleans and now i'm in love.

Why am I here??? said...

I had my first dragon fruit in Thailand. You need to get your butt to Asia asap!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never tried dragon fruit, but from how you described it, it sounds like something I would like!

As far as fat goes, I have a really sensitive stomach and heavier/fattier foods seems to really bother me, so I guess I would say I am not a huge fan of fat? But I know it has its place in our diet and is something we need!