2) Work lunch from Edo Japan the other day (sukiyaki beef topped with sesame seeds, then loaded up with hot sauce):
3) My sister's new kitten, Sailor. I tried to steal him.
4) I just found out that Vancouver has a blind dining (dining in the dark) restaurant. You literally eat your dinner in a pitch black room, relying on your other senses, and putting complete trust in your waiter. All the waiters are legally blind, although the cooks are not, and the kitchen is lit. Sounds interesting. Brings a whole new meaning to "blind date"! You can also order the surprise dishes and you will then have no idea what you are eating.
5) Breakfast last week:
6) Last night we made stuffed zucchini (still trying to use up this monster). We followed the same recipe that we came up with when stuffing an eggplant, but just replaced the eggplant with zucchini and baked the hollowed out zucchini for about 15 minutes at 350 F before stuffing it.
7) After dinner it was popcorn and Netflix time!
8) Spread from my friend Shauna's birthday party on Saturday:
9) Remember the show Dinosaurs'? Remember how it ended? Click here, scroll down to the bottom and watch the 3:25 minute final scene. So sad.
10) 17 Foods that Make Living in NYC worth it. I've had #2 and #8 a few times, and want to try the other delights in this list! Also, NYC vs Everywhere Else by Numbers. Ahhh, is it possible to be homesick for a city in which I've never lived?
Would you try dining in the dark? Is your week moving as slowly as mine?