Friday, December 28, 2012

Leftovers

When you make a 16 lb turkey for eight people, leftovers are inevitable.  We've been eating turkey all week around these parts.  Sometimes a variety plate ...


Other times a sandwich ...


I wasn't always big on sandwiches, and never really got creative with them until this past year.  My turkey sandwiches used to consist of mayo, turkey, salt and pepper.  Today I lightly toasted some bread, heated up some turkey with old cheddar, and added mustard, thousand island dressing and some pickles.  I hate dry sandwiches, so the pickles and two sauces made it just right.

Click here and here to see some of the most interesting and delicious sandwiches I ate in 2012.  Luckily the leftovers are nearly gone, as we are off on a road trip for the weekend to visit my mom.

Have you been eating turkey dinner leftovers this week?  Did you make anything creative with your leftovers?  What are you up to this weekend?

6 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

We actually did not have turkey for any of our Christmas meals this year so I haven't had any leftovers to eat! I love leftover turkey, I usually just eat it cold and dip it in some bbq sauce. Mmm.

I have a pretty quiet weekend ahead of me. I went to HH tonight with my boyfriend and tomorrow night we'll probably have a quiet night in as he caught the cold I had last week. :(

Allysia said...

Ahh, leftovers. One of the good things about Tofurky, if there's only a few people eating it, is that there isn't a crazy amount of leftovers - I get sick of the same thing very easily. At least it looks like you've been switching it up!

Kacy said...

We didn't get any leftovers since we had to fly home, but we have Christmas at Tom's parents tonight so maybe we'll have some from that :)

Elizabeth said...

Leftovers are amazing!!

Mom on the Run said...

We did not do turkey this Christmas. I instead have a lot of Ham leftover. Makes great grilled cheese sammies. We are stuck inside this weekend due to a snow storm. There could be worse things :)

Ameena said...

When I ate meat my favorite sandwich was turkey...love that you are enjoying all of the leftovers. Try putting some mango chutney in it...that was one of my favorite additions!