Monday, December 17, 2012

Festive Weekend

As mentioned in my last post, I was up early on Friday morning getting things done around the house.  This was all in preparation for a Christmas party that I hosted on Saturday.


Because I was so busy Friday morning, I didn't have time to make breakfast.  I stopped at Robin's for a bagel and coffee which I took to work with me.


A friend on staff had made a neat looking cake!  It was chocolate cake with white icing, surrounded by Kit Kat and topped with Smarties.

 

Lunch on Friday was at work, and we had turkey with all the fixings. 


On Friday evening Christopher and I went out for dinner to India Curry House.  


I loved that they had paneer in the buffet, as well as samosas and pakoras.

Saturday morning was another early one.  I was out of the house by about 7:30 a.m. to run errands.  First stop - Starbucks.  


After a quick oatmeal and coffee I was ready for the day. 


On Saturday I hosted a Christmas party that has become a yearly tradition with one of my oldest groups of friends.  There is always plenty of food, and lots of laughs.

 
 
 
 
 

On Sunday, Christopher and I spent the day eating leftover food from the party and watching Christmas movies.  Ahhhhhh.  It was a relaxing day after a busy start to the weekend.


Next weekend should be a busy one too, with Chris' work Christmas party on Saturday and my families Christmas dinner etc. on Sunday.

How was your weekend?  Do you have a busy weekend coming up?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for some holiday parties to start up!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

Fun!!! Your parties always look so fun and tasty!

We have to drive 3 hours on Friday for my hubbies Christmas party - they are doing it in a ridiculously small town in the middle of nowhere!? I don't understand!

Then Saturday night dinner at a friends place - that's become an annual thing!

So busy this time of year but it's fun!

Enjoy your last week with the kiddies!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks amazing!!! This weekend is going to be somewhat busy. We're celebrating Christmas Eve with my in-laws on Sunday so that our actual Christmas Eve is low key. I'm excited!

Allysia said...

Ha ha ha, here's a random funny aside: you called him Christopher! I've recently gotten in the habit of calling Mike "Michael". I don't know why but using the full name seems more affectionate? Ha ha! :) Seems like you had a busy/good weekend - mine was lazy/good. Which will probably be the last weekend like that until I leave! Hope your Christmas party was awesome!

Kacy said...

My weekend was good. I didn't have any parties, but I still ate a lot and worked on my shopping and wrapping. I travel home next Saturday for a busy five days of family time!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The food for your party looks delicious! I wanted to host a Christmas party this year but did not get my act together! Maybe next year!

I have a busy week, and a somewhat busy weekend. I am making dinner for my boyfriend tomorrow, babysitting for my former boss on Wednesday, and have my work Christmas party on Thursday. I don't have too much planned for the weekend besides celebrating Christmas with my boyfriend on Saturday and then I head to my parents on Sunday!

Amber said...

My best friend made that same cake for her fiance for his birthday! So cute (and delicious looking!)