Sunday, January 9, 2011

10 Things

My girl over at Baking 'n' Books tagged me to answer 10 questions ... here are her questions and my answers:

(1) If you were going to watch a TV marathon all day and night on TV (think snowstorm, day off work, sick – or being just plain lazy) – what show would you choose to watch all day? 
I would choose Big Brother or Sex in the City
(2) What’s one food that you must always have in your house to eat and “panic” if you realize your out? There is no food that I need to have in the house at all times, but my husband can't live without bananas, apples, oranges, eggs and yogurt.
(3) What is your favorite movie of all time?
Tough question.  I am going to go with Home Alone since I have seen it more than any other movie, and I couldn't imagine a December without it.
(4) Are you doing the job you love now? If not, what would you give anything to be able to do for a living tomorrow?
I am doing a job I love now.
(5) If you won the lottery (or were rich), what Charity would you donate money to?
Something local, and non-medical.
(6) What’s your ideal way to spend a Saturday night? On the couch in jammies with a movie and food or getting dressed up (or decent-looking) and going out for drinks with pals?
Having friends over for dinner, then going out dancing.
(7) Do you ever go to a coffee shop to read, do work, blog, write, do work on the computer? Do you enjoy it, find it distracting, find it a waste of time…?
I only sit in coffee shops to visit, but I am not opposed to working in one.
(8) Do you drink coffee or tea? Do you flavor it or drink it ‘black’?
I drink both.  Black.
(9) Are you going to watch American Idol when it starts in a couple of weeks? What do you think of J.Lo as a judge?
I will give it a chance.  I don't care who the judges are ... I watch for the talent.
(10) What would you do if you went to school for years, have enormous debt, but are now working a related job that you realize you simply don’t like. No matter the change in jobs – the profession, the going to school…wasn’t you.
What would you do? 
Quit and go back to school for something I would enjoy ... or quit and use the education I have to get a job that requires a degree but nothing specific.

Last night the hubby and I went to our friend's 30th birthday celebration.  We started the evening at a restaurant called the Fainting Goat.  The hubby and I shared an appetizer, and then I ate 1/2 of this pasta and packed the rest up.


We then headed down the street to a Korean karaoke place to finish off the night.

This morning the hubby made me oatmeal.

 

He used vanilla Almond Breeze, chocolate milk, maple PB, 1/2 tsp coconut, and 1/2 banana. 
We spent the day with our nephew and had lunch at the mall.  I ate 1/2 bowl of Tom Yum soup.

This evening we went to the hubby's parents for dinner, where we had sausage, perogies, and potatoes. 

This is my portion:


My MIL made creme brulee for dessert, and it was perfect.


My SIL didn't like the burnt sugar, but that is my favourite part.

 
Do you like creme brulee?  Have you ever made it? 

I have decided I am buying a creme brulee torch.  Soon. 


 

17 comments:

Amber said...

I have never been a big fan of creme brulee but we had it when we were in Paris and I LOVED IT! So maybe I'll have to try it again :)

Unknown said...

Sex and the City marathons are the best way to spend ANY day! In fact, I had a mini-marathon this weekend while undecorating my house for Christmas.

I have never, EVER tried creme brulee. Maybe I should put that on my list of goals for 2011. lol.

Beaglebea said...

I love creme brule, but have never attempted making it myself...will have to try one of these days.

Jessica @ Dairyfreebetty said...

Fun answers!!

It always sounds like you have such fun weekends! We don't often get out to do anything fun like you guys!! And all the yummy eats, yes please!! :)

kalin said...

I adore creme brulee, but my silly husband doesn't! I don't understand that at allll.

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

love your answers, and the fun factoids!

black coffee, you're bold!

creme brulee...oh yes please. And torch away! I want to make creme brulee just so i can go out and buy a mini torch. I love flaming desserts, i.e. bananas foster, too!

Anonymous said...

I've only had Creme Brulee once, but I remember that right away I understood what all the fuss was about!

I need to train my boy to be like your husband and make me oatmeal...

Simply Life said...

I've never made creme burlee but the process is so impressive!

Anonymous said...

love and other drugs was fun but it wasn't life changing! Typical chick flick when i saw it! Anyways, your inlaws are foodies! I hope they know that!!! Glad you had a relaxing weekend...I heart my coffee black too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your answers Jolene! So glad you did them :) I really need to watch SATC...but the movie question? Home Alone? YES! Love it :)

thehealthyapron said...

I've honestly never had creme brulee! I prefer more chocolatey dessert vs custard-ish desserts

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love creme brulee! Mmm, so good! I asked for ramekins for christmas and will prob ask for a torch for my bday. Such a delicious dessert!

Alanna said...

Creme brulee is one of my favorites! I've never made it myself though. Maybe I'll pick up a torch of my own :)

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your answers to the questions. I've never made creme brulee, but I LOVE eating it!

Kacy said...

I don't really like creme brulee but I would love operating that little torch thing ;)

sophia said...

You must really love creme brulee if you wanna get a real torch! You can also make Baked Alaska, too! :-)

Hee hee your hubby sounds like a blogger himself...banana, apples and yogurt?

Unknown said...

Great answers, Jolene!
Loved to learn more about you :)