Sunday, March 14, 2010

Life

T


his weekend was FULL of good eats!

Breakfast yesterday morning was coconut crusted French toast.



Coconut Crusted French Toast
- 2 slices of fresh French bread
- 2 eggs
- Splash of almond milk (or milk)
- 5 drops of vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 T of shredded organic coconut
- Butter for frying

Directions: Mix everything together in a shallow bowl, and dip the bread into it. Let it soak up the egg mixture. Heat a T of butter on the stove and once it is hot add the drenched bread. Fry until crisp and golden. Dip in syrup.



For lunch the hubby and I met up with 6 friends for All-You-Can-Eat Sushi at Miso Ya.









I had a some of everything pictured.

Last night we went to a surprise b-day party for a friend. The theme was 80s! I am totally a child of the 80s, and I LOVE the fashion from that decade.



I sipped Guinness throughout the night, and ate green curry for dinner.



This morning I made baked eggs (2 eggs, 1 -2 cups chopped steamed spinach, 1 small yellow tomato, Gruyère cheese):



I also juiced some oranges and pears and had a nice fresh glass:



Lunch was leftover green curry. It was even better today!





It was pretty nice out today, so the hubby and I went for a nice leisurely walk while we talked about life, work, the future etc.. I came to a realization today while we were walking. For as long as I can remember I have always longed for something. I have always thought, "Once I have ________ my life will really start - I will be 100% happy." When I was growing up I always thought that once I was living on my own, life would start. Then when I got married and we lived in an apartment, I always thought that once we bought a house, I could really start living and I would be SO happy. Then we got a house. Then I wanted a permanent position at work. And once I got that I figured life would start. What I failed to realize was that life was happening the whole time. While I was busy wishing and wanting my life to "start", life was going on all around me. I have heard it been said that we are never truly happy. Once we get what we want, we want something new.
Well, when I was walking today and talking with my hubby, I realized that for the first time in my life I have everything that I want. I am not longing for anything right now. I am 100% happy. For the first time in my life I am not waiting for anything. I am just living. And life is good.

Supper was at the in-law's house today.

We had chicken cordon bleu, wild rice and carrots, with "Sex in a Pan" for dessert:





Do you ever feel like you wish your life away?
Do you ever feel like your life will really start once you have _______?


I have spent so much time wishing and waiting, and I am done with that now.
I want to live and want for nothing. I have everything that I need.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an awesome realization! and such great eats..i'm all over that french toast right now! yay 80s parties are the best, although since i was born in 88 i don't have really clear memories of that decade lol

Kat said...

I havent really wished my life away, but I have wasted time wanting unimportant things. I am so blessed with what I have, I need to be grateful instead of always taking advantage of it. It is so good that you have had this realization, it is important in order to be happy with what we have!!
That coconut toast looks incredible!!

Amber from Girl with the Red Hair said...

Awww what a great post, I have totally caught myself feeling that way lately. Especially with the end of school being SO CLOSE!

It's something I am working on, I'm happy that you're at a place where you're 100% satisfied and happy now :)

Also, great 80s costume! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

i love your 80s hair!

Sarah said...

You totally rocked the 80s fashion - you look great in that pic! Also, I love, love, LOVE your nail polish in the pic with the orange and pear juice. Just saying. :D

The baked eggs thing sounds great, I'm gonna have to try it.

With life I'm kinda in between the whole living in the moment and wishing it away. It depends on how stressed out I am. Like right now, I'll be happy when it's spring break!

Simply Life said...

So happy to hear that you've realized you are happy right where you are...and I love the 80's outfit!

Samantha Angela @ Bikini Birthday said...

sex in a pan sounds really intriguing. what's in it?

Christine @ Grub, Sweat and Cheers said...

That's a great realization to make. I think sometimes we get caught up in the moving forward aspects of life so much we don't pause enough in the current moment to take in where we really are.

Thanks for the tips on Greek yogurt btw - I have one organic store left to scout out here.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really do wish my life away-it's kinda sad actually!

Anonymous said...

I'm guilty of always looking towards the future as well...I try to not "long" to move or to get married or to get out of work quickly cause you can NEVER get back all that time you wasted longing for something else!

NSGIRL said...

That french toast looks so good. I love french toast so I will certainly be trying that version!
I'm glad you've gotten to that place in your life! I'm not quite there yet...but working on it!

Kyle and Darci said...

SO true!! I was like that as well...but you can't wish your life away!! Looks like a fun weekend! :)

Kacy said...

Wow I love that french toast. Lookds delish. And your 80s outfit is adorable!

Anonymous said...

First off- LOVE the crimped hair! Right now I'm at a spot career wise where I need to stop wishing and start making moves. This is a pretty scary place to be, but sometimes you just have to go for it!

Yelena said...

I think a lot of us have been guilty of this. Now that I'm at the end of my grad school program, I'm still wishing for it to end, but I'm sure I won't remember how tough it was.

Your 80s outfit is legendary! Love the hair!

And you must tell me about this dessert!

Allison @ Food For Healing said...

YUMM! all the food pictures look tasty

Anais said...

That is amazing :) Enjoy the precious moments when you're not longing for anything, I don't think they come around too often!

Right now, I think I would be happy if I had a job, and if I got down to my goal weight ;) And maybe if I had someone to cuddle with, too, but that would just be the cherry on top ;)

ps: great eats indeed!!!

Jessica @ The Process of Healing said...

Umm sex in a pan? recipe? haha looks amazing!!!
Ok all of your food looks amazing.. love me some good sushi and French toast!
And I'm SO happy for you that you feel like you are truly living! I definitely tend to wish my life away, always wanting something else. I'm trying to live in the moment though... life is amazing and is truly a gift!

Mom on the Run said...

What a great post! You have me really thinking about that last statement.

I would love to go to an 80's party. We have a decades day at school and I really want to go 80's this year as my hair is long enough to go with a side ponytail. You look so cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm in uni right now, and I am so done with the city! I have been wishing it away, so lately I've been finding the good here. I joining a running and a rock climbing club, volunteer, intern, got a job and really started to use my blog more.

i do feel like my life would be real with more travel in it, though!

Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) said...

I love the 80's look on you. Totally cute!

oh yeah...I totally feel like my life will start once I find a teaching job and own a house. I know that isn't necessarily true but still!