Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Weekend Recap

On Friday the 13th we went out to the butcher after work and picked up some dinner for a quiet little celebration at home (we always celebrate on Friday 13th).  Instead of doing any work, we bought pre-stuffed chicken breasts and potatoes, so all we had to do was grill them and some corn, and we were eating and laughing around the table in no time.


The next morning we were up bright and early to drive to Saskatoon to see my mom.  That evening we tried Yay Thai in Saskatoon, but we were not impressed.  We will stick to Keo's if we are having Thai food in Saskatoon.  Yay Thai didn't taste as authentic as it could, and it needed much stronger flavours.


It is basically Thai fast food, and it is all served in single-use containers, with plastic cutlery, single-use cups, etc.  You go up to the counter to order and then go up to get your food once it is ready, yet when we were paying the guy turned the computer screen around to us to show us the three tip options.  I thought that was very unnecessary at a fast-food type restaurant.  I didn't see a no-tip option, so I left begrudgingly left 15%, the lowest option. (I really need to be more assertive in these types of situations.)  We each had one dish and one kombucha, and the total came to around $60 with tip.  We won't be back.

*Note - I am very cool with tipping at regular restaurants, but not so much when no one is actually taking my order or bringing me my food, and I have to get my own cutlery, etc.

We spent more time with my mom on Sunday and then drove back home.  That evening we cooked honey mustard chicken thighs and thought they were pretty good, but they were even better as leftovers.


We don't often make one-pan meals; I forget how quick & easy they can be.


We've gone back to summer temps!  Yesterday it was +32!  We were so excited to come home and cook dinner outside, so we planned another low-country boil.  Unfortunately, the wasps were not leaving us alone, so we had to move inside to eat.


On the bright side, dinner was delicious, and the rest of the week is predicted to be really nice too!

Dessert for this week is a berry crisp/crumble with ice cream:


Some eats from last week include this mushroom marsala pasta bake, which reminded me of beef stroganoff:


Sweet potato burritos:


And mocha mousse pie:


We just finished eating salmon, roasted broccoli, and salad, but neither of us was really feeling it.  I don't know if we just weren't hungry for supper, or if we weren't in the mood for these foods, but we both felt pretty uninterested in eating this meal. 

Do you ever not feel like eating something you just cooked?
Are the wasps bad where you are?  How was your weekend?  How's your week going so far?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I do sometimes not feel like eating what I cooked since I make the meal plans in advance and some nights I'm just not very hungry for whatever reason.

We've been having hot weather here, too. It's nice but it's been extremely humid which I do not care for! But I'll take warm temps over cold weather any day of the week! We haven't had any wasps but there have been years that my parents had terrible wasps at the lake. They are hard to get rid of!

I am with you on not tipping for counter service like that. I don't tip at Chipotle so why would I tip at a place with a similar set up?? That is very shady that they didn't give you a no tip option!