Monday, September 24, 2018

Cooking Slump

I've been in one of those moods where I don't really know what I want to eat, and am not itching to cook (or really even eat) as much as usual.  I tend to get like this for a short time, at least a couple times a year.  Christopher is feeling the same way, so we've been eating quite simply, and nothing too exciting.  We haven't been tempted to go out to eat at all, or order in, so I guess that's good!

A fruit-loaded smoothie for breakfast on Sunday
Toast with Cheese Whiz (I love it, and am not ashamed to admit it), a banana, and apple sauce today:


Dinners have been things I remember having growing up, such as Shake and Bake chicken:

On the side - rice with creamed corn.
Sweet and sour meatballs with rice:


Breaded pork cutlets with mashed potatoes and creamed corn (apple sauce to dip the cutlet in):

It was really good; we need to eat this more often!
And fish with brown rice and veggies:


We've also been eating a lot of salads for meals:


And this plate of roasted sweet potato, roasted broccoli, and a veggie-burger patty with cheese:


Our fridge is starting to look pretty bare; maybe we'll get some inspiration or motivation to cook something interesting before we head to the grocery store next.  But, maybe we won't. 

Our weekend was super low-key; we stayed in our jammies and watched movies.  It was the perfect remedy for a dreary weekend. 

How was your weekend?  What did you do?  Have you been inspired to cook lately, or are you feeling the cooking slump too?  What do you cook when you just don't know what you want to eat? (We seem to just pick a meat/starch/veg when we're stuck).

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I’ve had a harder time finding my cooking mojo since Paul was born. My time is just so limited and I don’t feel very motivated to try new things. But I am working on finding my mojo again as I do really love to cook!

This last weekend we had a friend visiting which was really fun. We made dinners in the evening and went out for brunch both days. It was so fun to catch up with her and introduce her to Paul!!