Monday, May 8, 2017

Recent Eats

Last week the weather was absolutely beautiful; I think it reached + 30 C one day.  Even when it's hot out, I still like to eat oatmeal.  One day I had this beautiful bowl made with coffee, and a splash of milk, topped with maple flakes, almond butter, cacoa nibs, and organic cherries:


I picked up some little squeeze packets of nut butters when in NY, and topped this oatmeal with a coconut almond butter, as well as cacao nibs, pineapple, and granola:


And another new oatmeal topping from a coffee/ ice cream shop in Brooklyn:


Dinners last week included pork chops with salad and asparagus:


Spaghetti with turkey meatballs:


A rice bowl with broccoli, very crispy tofu, and peanut sauce:


We had BLT sandwiches with salads one evening, and then Mexican haystacks another:


For Cinco de Mayo on Friday we had shrimp tacos:


Did you have any Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo?
How was your weekend?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That peanut brittle dust sounds awesome! I love peanut brittle but only eat it around the holidays as my mom always makes it for Christmas!

We ate lots of mexican food on Cinco de Mayo as my coworker and his wife catered in mexican food for our work party. And then we had mexican food the next night at my bach party. And now we are eating leftovers. Mexican is one of my favorite cuisines, though, so I am happy to be eating it for like a week straight!!