Sunday, April 17, 2016

Productive

This weekend has been absolutely beautiful.

Last night we BBQd ribs.  Christopher whipped up a delicious BBQ sauce from scratch; he's a whiz with sauces.


On the top rack we had a tinfoil packet of spaghetti squash (baked in the oven the other day, brushed the tinfoil with truffle oil, seasoned the squash, wrapped it up), and a packet of brussels sprouts.


We were up really early again this morning (7:30 a.m.) and we made Cafe du Monde style lattes with coffee grounds we picked up in NOLA.


They were perfect with our big breakfast.


I did a bunch of baking this afternoon.  I started by prepping dinner rolls.


And while those were rising, I made banana, chocolate chip muffins.


Insanely moist - perfection.

After the muffins were done, I finished up with the buns:


By this point, it's safe to say the house was smelling pretty amazing.


I made some taco seasoning that we'll use in our dinner tonight ...


And then made a couple dozen hot cocoa cookies.


How did you spend your Sunday? 

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, you did do a lot of baking! I bet your house smelled amazing! My weekend was pretty productive, too, as I did quite a bit of packing and then unpacked things at Phil's. All of my books, most of my kitchen stuff, and 2/3 of my book cases are there so my place is looking pretty empty! But it's nice to settle in over there and do it gradually so that the final day of moving in May can be all about the big pieces of furniture.

likeschocolate said...

Looks fantastic!
http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2016/04/newest-citizen.html

Anonymous said...

I am due to do some baking. I've got a bunch of bananas to use - was thinking I'd make some banana bread muffin tops (using the Oh She Glows recipe). I never make buns, though. Not my speciality :)