Sunday, May 25, 2014

Uncle Steve's Tomato Sauces

We both absolutely love pasta.  I was super excited when the kind people at Nancy Seltzer & Associates, Inc. offered to send me some sauces to try.  These are Steve Schirripa's (Sopranos star) new line of organic tomato sauces.



They are USDA certified organic, vegan, dairy and gluten free, and non GMO, with no added sugar, and nothing artificial.  There are three varieties, and the ingredients are all recognizable, including organic tomatoes, olive oil, basil, sea salt, garlic, and pepper.  We wanted to get a real feel for the sauces, without adding any of our own spices or herbs.

We enjoyed the tomato basil sauce with some spaghetti and meatballs:




We warmed the spicier arrabiata sauce, and poured it over fried polenta:




Finally, the marinara sauce in a simple vegetarian lasagna:




I'm glad we didn't add anything else to these sauces.  They were fabulous on their own, and needed no further seasoning.  I'm really hoping we can find these sauces in our local stores, as these will be our new go-to sauces.  They are the freshest-tasting we've tried.

 Do you have a favourite jarred tomato sauce?

Disclosure:  The sauces were provided to me free of charge, but all opinions are my own, and I was under no obligations to post.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Well if you didn't feel like you had to add anything to the sauces, then I know they are good as I know you guys have discerning palettes. I don't really have a favorite jarred sauce so I will have to try these out!