Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Musings

Fun news - the lovely people at Gourmandize contacted me recently wanting to interview me and make me their featured blogger for today.  Check out that interview here!

In other news, I absolutely love sauerkraut.  The other day we browned up a seasoned pork loin, poured half a jar of sauerkraut on top, sprinkled paprika on it, and then cooked it the rest of the way through in the oven.


We served it with perogies, sour cream and sriracha.


Another recent dinner was a one pot meal - roasted chicken with veggies.


I am a little bit obsessed with crispy chicken skin
I think I might have a problem.

When you roast a chicken or turkey, do you eat the skin?
 (If not, send it my way)
(Seriously ... like FedEx it)

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum. I love sauerkraut too so I would love that pork dish. Our typical New Years Eve Day dish is sauerkraut with pork ribs. It's SO good!

That chicken looks really good, too. I have never made a chicken but maybe that is what I will do on Easter Sunday so that I can have a special meal. When I buy rotisserie chickens, I will eat a small part of the crispy skin but I throw most of it away as I know it's pretty caloric and it seems like the pounds come on a lot easier than they come off these days, so I don't eat much of it!