Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Zucchini Pizza Crust!?

The zucchini that I got the other day was so large that we were able to cut big enough rounds from it to use as "pizza crusts".  Christopher did the cutting:


Haha!  We're always laughing in the kitchen ... cooking is never a chore around here :-)

We topped the zucchini rounds with pizza sauce, mushrooms, onions, orange pepper and cheese.


These went into the oven for about 30 minutes @ 350 F.


A very easy, nutritious and delicious dinner!

Have you ever had an unconventional pizza "crust"?

3 comments:

Allysia said...

You trust that guy with a knife? ha ha. :) Those pizzas are adorable, what a cool idea!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh. this is so smart - why have I never thought of such a thing!! mmmm

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Dang, I can not get over how large the circumference of that zucchini was! I never would have thought of mini pizzas but that is a great idea.