Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Road Trip Weekend

On Friday after work we headed out of town for the weekend.  We stopped on the road for supper at A&W.  


We go and visit my mom in Saskatoon approximately every month and a half, sometimes more.  We stay in a hotel a lot of the time for convenience, but a couple of the times we've gone this year, we stayed with my half sister Kim and her husband, who live just outside of Saskatoon.  We arrived at their place around 8:00 p.m. on Friday.

We visited for a little bit and then went out to the Legion to see their family friend play some live music.  We were some of the only people in the place, and the youngest for sure, but we still had fun!  The old guys in the band could still give 'er!


On Saturday we ate  at one of our favourite restaurants in Saskatoon, Afghan Kebab and Donair.  I had my usual, Kofta.


We then spent the rest of the day visiting with my mom.  

Kim BBQd a fabulous dinner later on, which included chicken, spaghetti squash, and corn on the cob.  She also made browned butter, garlic mashed potatoes - mmmmmmm!


We topped the spaghetti squash with black truffle olive oil (from Oliv) and grated Parmesan cheese.


Dessert was homemade pumpkin pie, with pumpkin right from the garden. 


Before we left on Sunday we enjoyed a delicious omelet and some toast


Once we got home we grabbed some frozen yogurt to hold us over until dinner.  


It was a fun, relaxing, and delicious weekend!  

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! Clearly a knack for making delicious food runs in the family. I am obsessed with spaghetti squash these days. I love it with spicy marinara. Mmmm.

I have barely grilled this summer. It's kind of sad. But I think I could probably grill year round here in Charlotte as the winters are so mild, so I will have to make a point to grill more this fall!

Allysia said...

Ahh, I have road trip envy! I think we'll head to Niagra Falls sometime this month, and then Kingston next month, so at least there's that. And sometimes driving in Toronto feels like a road trip, ha ha. :) And that's some glorious food as per usual! Glad you had a great weekend!