Monday, October 10, 2011

Thankful

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving, so I want to wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians.

Today I am thankful for my loving husband, who made me waffles this morning. 
I love him more and more each day. 


Today I am thankful for my family, and the time we get to spend together.  My dad had us over for a delicious turkey dinner this evening.  He can pull off a Thanksgiving feast on his own, at 70 years of age, and make it look easier than making toast.  If I have any skills in throwing dinner parties, they have been passed on to me by my parents - both of whom have talents in the kitchen, barely batting an eyelash while having 7 or 8 dishes on the go.  It is really impressive.


What are you thankful for today?

15 comments:

Losing in the City said...

happy thanksgiving.. hope you had a great one..

Simply Life said...

happy thanksgiving!

Kacy said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad sounds a lot like my Mum, whipping up a storm! Last night I was thankful that in addition to pumpkin pie, she made Mama Pea's German Chocolate Cake... today I am thankful that I got to spend the weekend with family and that everyone was healthy and happy :-)

Faith @ For the Health of It said...

Happy Thanksgiving - looks like you had a wonderful, relaxing day!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my wife. That I love more and more with each day :-)

The Hubby

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

Happy Thanksgiving to youuuuuuu!

Ours was lovely, we had 6 friends over for dinner!!

Funny that you have celery + peanut butter - I've been craving that for days!

Allysia said...

Your hubby made you waffles for breakfast? Lucky gal. :) Thanksgiving's the best, it's nice to enjoy great food and the company of family, many of whom I just don't see enough!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Mmm... I can't wait for our Thanksgiving here in the states.

I am thankful for my body which really performed super well on race day!!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait for THanksgiving in the States - gotta learn to bake a pie from scratch :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, homemade waffles. Yum! I'm thankful for that my family got together over the weekend, that I loaded up on pumpkin pie, and that everyone is happy and healthy.

Vanessa said...

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I get so nervous/excited when I think about hosting dinner parties. I have pretty bad timing when it comes to making a meal -- everything seems to finish at different times. Send some of your talent my way! ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! I'm thankful for when the little guy is healthy. He's under the weather right now :(

Yelena said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The meal looks absolutely delicious! I have you had a great time with your family.

I am thankful for my husband today as well, for taking me to the airport for my trip.

Anonymous said...

omgggggg. Love thanksgiving. I'm thankful that I have the weekend off!!! HALLELUAH! And that the new iphone comes out