Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ridiculously Easy Beer Bread


This recipe literally took me 2 minutes to throw together yesterday after work.  My friend over at Simply Life made it with pumpkin beer, but I didn't have that, so I worked with what I had.  It turned out beautifully, and is so moist.  I made a sandwich with it today.

Easy Beer Bread
Adapted from: Simply Life

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 T sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 T baking powder
14 oz beer (I used Kilkenny)

Preheat oven to 375.
Mix everything except beer into a bowl.  Add beer.  Stir.
Spray a loaf pan and pour in batter.

Bake 45 minutes.

Before:


After:


Have you ever made your own bread?  
What is the easiest, most delicious bread you make?
Feel free to leave links!

Another super easy, amazing bread that I love to make is this one.

15 comments:

Faith @ For the Health of It said...

I'm iffy about making breads - yeast and I don't always get along. This one looks super simple though...and add beer? Sold :)

Averie @ Love Veggies and Yoga said...

wow, this is SO EASY!

no yeast, rising, kneading, waiting...worrying and messing it up.

this is perfect! and beer too :)

suki said...

The easiest bread was the kind that I just threw into the bread maker. :) Turned out pretty good too. It was a simple garlic rosemary loaf!

Amber said...

I love making my own bread. I didn't at all in the summer but I'm hoping to do it once a week or so in the winter!

Kelsey Ann said...

is there such thing as vodka bread? im not sure why but that just seems really good...any kind of drunken bread works tho eh? This beer bread you made is awesome!! :)

xoxo <3

Simply Life said...

oh I'm so glad you tried this- I love how easy it is!

Kacy said...

That's awesome! I will definitely have to try this!

sophia said...

Hee hee I've made your oatmeal soda bread before! I've also made beer bread a long time ago, but with Parm and bacon and herbs. I think you should try that. :-)

Vanessa said...

I think you may have created a monster with this one -- just showed the recipe to my husband and he's VERY interested! I've yet to make bread, but this sounds like a good, simple introduction. And I have plenty of pumpkin beer in the fridge!

Kris | iheartwellness.com said...

Hubba HUBBA!!! Beer Bread?! I'm coming to see you and eat at your house!!!!! OMG!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

I've used a bread machine but never made bread like you made. I'd like to give it a try some time.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh that sounds good. I don't like beer but for some reason I love beer bread! My Mom makes one (with yeast) that is white and fluffy... I'm going to have to make it on the blog soon to share.

Deidre said...

Yummy! I'm celiac so I've made gluten free bread before - which is always a huge experiment and mostly a big ole fail!

Unknown said...

I'm totaly making this yuuuuum!!!

Cassandre said...

i've never made my own bread but keep saying that i want to try.. thanks for sharing, love that it's super fast and easy..