Thursday, October 13, 2011

My New Addiction

My dinner of spaghetti squash and trout was fantastic this evening, but by about 8:30 I was craving a snack, and a grapefruit just wasn't going to cut it tonight.


The hubby and I dug into our new favourite snack - Veggie Straws (from Costco).  We have been nibbling on these for a couple weeks now and are hooked.


The hubby told me he could easily eat the entire bag to himself.  

He's not alone.

The crunch of these french-fry like snacks is so satisfying. They are totally addictive.

Random Fact: The word "addicting" is a pet peeve of mine.  I much prefer "addictive"

Example: "These chips are so addicting!" - BARF
Example: "These chips are so addictive." - Not barf

Have you tried veggie straws?
What snack do you find to be highly addictive?
Do you say "addicting" or "addictive"?

12 comments:

Amber said...

Bahaha! That quirk you have about the word addicting is funny.

I LOVE those veggie sticks from Costco. So so good! And make me feel less gross than it does to eat other chips :)

Vanessa said...

Yum..spaghetti squash! It's been a while since I've had those veggie straws, but you're right -- they're highly ADDICTIVE. ;) I typically say "addicting," but I'm reconsidering this since I think "addictive" has a nice ring to it. I'm a word girl, so I completely understand where you're coming from. In fact, I hate the word "moist."

Simply Life said...

Looks like a great new snack!

P.S. I changed the domain of my blog so I haven't figured out how to change the RSS feed- you may not be getting updates!

Anonymous said...

you know what's ADDICTING?! Popchips

Anonymous said...

Veggie straws are incredibly addicting! I guess I say addicting :)

Lauren's Latest said...

I LOVE those things! They are addicting....or addictive!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I haven't had these but my nephews love them! My nephew Andrew had these at one of his bday parties and the kids gobbled them up like crazy!

Unknown said...

Yuuuuum spaghetti spash! I must get me some soon!

I use Addicting. Addicting Addicting Addicting. ha ha

But I can see how Addictive sounds better.

Ameena said...

I think I am guilty of using "addicting" incorrectly. But luckily I read this post and have learned my lesson!

I find chips to be highly addictive - so much so that I had to stop buying them. I haven't had a single one in months!

Anonymous said...

I didn't think that "addicting" was actually a word, but apparently it is and can be used per this post here: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/addictive-versus-addicting.aspx But I am with you - I'd never use "addicting," always addictive.

Love those veggies straws! Funny fact: my grandma gets whoever is going to Costco (she lives 1 1/2 outside of Saskatoon, thus no local Costco) to pick her up a back every time someone goes because she loves them so much. She definitely shares, though :)

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

we are so incredibly addicted to veggie straws too! We ended up buying the box that has individual bags instead for self control,, haha

Kacy said...

At work today I was addicted to the bag of peanut M&M's on my coworkers desk. Oops.