Wednesday, March 20, 2019

1st Day of Spring - Yay!

We just stayed in for St. Patrick's Day, but I did make Guinness brownies!  I've made them once before, and I will continue to make them probably every time I make brownies from now on.  They are our favourite.  I bake them for exactly 32 minutes, and they come out so insanely moist and delicious.  You can find the recipe here.


These will be dessert all week.

As for meals, we roasted a chicken on Monday evening, so we've been eating the leftovers since then. 


We won't be eating too many more meals like this now that it's getting so nice out.  Both yesterday and today when I left work I didn't need a coat.  This is pretty warm for March, but everyone is sure enjoying it.  People just seem happier; the sunshine has us all in good moods.  Now that it is officially Spring, Christopher says he's most excited to fire up the BBQ, and for the day when he doesn't see any snow on the ground at all.  I am most excited to sit outside on a patio allllllllllllll afternoon.

Anyway - off to eat a brownie!

Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?  
What are you most excited for now that it is Spring?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

We did not do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! We had chili for lunch and tacos for dinner. Ha. But I'm not a big fan of Irish food, like corned beef and cabbage. I like cabbage but not corned beef for some reason.

Spring has FINALLY sprung here. It's still kind of cool out but MUCH nicer than it was. We've been going on walks every day lately. On Friday I went on a 1.5 hour walk with Paul. It's so nice for all of us to get some fresh air. On Saturday we walked to a park and took Paul swinging for the first time. He LOVED it!