Sunday, April 9, 2017

Weekend Things

On Friday evening we tried a newer restaurant in town called Wann Izakaya.  Until this place opened, there wasn't really anywhere to get ramen in Regina.


I had the tonkotsu ramen, which I thought decent, but not even close to as good as the stuff we had in other cities (Toronto comes to mind).  It's good enough to do the trick if we're craving ramen and don't feel like making it.


On Saturday evening we went out to our friends' place for a 90s themed get-together.  It was fun to bust out clothes we wore in high school and catch up with our pals.

The rest of our weekend was very relaxed, with lovely breakfasts, and a lot of snuggles.


This evening we roasted a chicken which we'll eat for lunches and dinner for the next two days.  We won't be doing much else for cooking, as we have a vacation coming up, and don't have a lot for groceries in the house.

We do have dessert in the freezer though, as I made these bars last week:


Seven Layer Magic Bars

1/2 cup butter or margarine
1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350.  Line a 9x13 pan with foil.  Put the butter in the pan and melt in the oven.  Sprinkle the crumbs over the butter.  Pour the condensed milk evenly over the crumbs.  Top with remaining ingredients in order listed and press down firmly with a fork.  Bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Cool.  Chill and cut into bars.  I like them best about two minutes after they've come out of the freezer.


How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Those bars look so good and they are gluten free as there are GF graham crackers. Yum. My mom would love those since they have coconut on them - I will have to bookmark this and make them this summer!

Your weekend sounds really fun. I love themed parties!! It's nice that you had plenty of time at home together, too. Our weekend was also more relaxed and low key. We stayed in both nights and the only social event I had on my calendar was my wedding shower (which was a very beautiful event!). I made chili on Friday night but it wasn't all that great. It had pumpkin in it but it ended up being a little bit too sweet for our liking. On Saturday we make steak fajitas on the grill which were so good! Now I won't cook all week as I leave for Chicago for a work trip tomorrow, come back Thursday and then we leave for the lake on Friday for my wedding shower/Easter with my family!

I can't wait to hear alllll about your trip to NYC! You guys are going to have an amazing time. This is your first trip there with Christopher, right?