Monday, June 27, 2016

Espuña Spanish Charcuterie

The other day we were both wiped, and we decided that dinner would be a simple Spanish charcuterie platter with some olives, cheese, and crackers.  Espuña Tapas Essentials are newly available in Canada.


This line of authentic Spanish cured meats and tapas is right from Spain, and made by the Espuña family.  We tried four different meats: chorizo cañitas, Bilbao-style salami, salami cañitas, and Barcelona-style salami.


The salami cañitas were our favourite.


These tapas essentials would be perfect for a Spanish-themed dinner party, a wine and cheese event, an easy meal, or any type of fiesta!  You just need to open the package and serve, and the accompaniments can be just as easy (bread sticks, crackers, crostini, olives, pickles, cheese, etc.).  


Although easy to serve just as-is, the meats would also be fun for a little Spanish flare on a homemade pizza, with maybe some Spanish olives, and Manchego cheese.  The cañitas would be a great protein addition to a packed lunch or an on-the-go snack.

Espuña has numerous other products that we're looking forward to trying, especially the Olot salami, and the Spanish Chorizo salami, which we'd slice up and serve with crusty bread.

Do you like charcuterie?  Do you ever buy packaged meats/ salamis like these for snacking or party food?  What's your favourite Spanish dish?  Have you been to Spain?

* Full disclosure:  The Espuña products were provided to me free of charge.  All opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I'm not a big eater of charcuterie meats as a lot of the time they seem a little bit too rich for me, but I will have it occasionally. If I put together a tray for a party, I usually stick with cheese, olives and crackers. These products sound great, though, and would probably bring back memories for Phil as he studied abroad in Spain. I haven't been to Spain but I would love to go someday so I could see where Phil studied! And my favorite Spanish dish is Paella!