Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life is Good Korean Restaurant

On Friday evening we went out for dinner to Life is Good.  


This restaurant is bright, and the decor is gorgeous!  Our meal started with steamed egg, which was just what it sounds like, a simple steamed egg.


Then came our first appetizer - egg roll (we didn't know that they'd be bringing us steamed egg when we ordered this).  It was a lot of egg, but still good.


Our second appetizer was the skewer.  There wasn't any description of the appetizers, so we didn't know what to expect.


We got mini corn dogs!


I ordered the bee bim bap for my meal, and it was excellent!


Christopher had squid, and both of us were given soup on the side.

 

The meals included dessert, which was a choice of cold cinnamon tea or ice cream.  We both had the cold cinnamon tea (made with cinnamon, ginger, onion, ice, etc.), Christopher's with the pine nuts on top, and mine without.


Overall, although the food was pretty good, this restaurant is not worth the price.  We'll be sticking with Korea House.

After dinner we went to O'Hanlon's to check out a couple bands - it was a fun night!  On Saturday we had a lovely family dinner and tonight we cooked Mexican food for Cinco de Mayo! 
(Pictures to come later).

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That cinnamon tea looks interesting! I am glad the food was good but that is too bad it wasn't worth the price.

My weekend was kind of epically boring I studied a ton and had no social plans besides a video chat with 2 girlfriends on Sunday night. It was a tough weekend for me as I was pretty lonely but I did get a lot of reading done in the evening so that was fun.

Allysia said...

I miss bibimbap...so much. Good to hear this review - I had no idea this restaurant even existed (so out of the Regina loop), and I've never been to Korea House either so I'll have to check it out when I return.

Kacy said...

That looks great, but it's a bummer it was overpriced.
My weekend was great. Good weather, fun times and some rest thrown in on top. Couldn't ask for anything more :)