Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sicky

Earlier this week I got hit with the flu, and it took me out for a couple of days.  I recovered by getting plenty of rest, and drinking a lot of organic lemon and ginger "tea" (just boiling water with lemon and ginger).  Sometimes I mixed it with some cinnamon honey:

 
 

I also made sure that I ate healthy, "real" foods, like berries and nuts.  The healthiest foods you can eat have only 1 ingredient:

 

Christopher and I cooked dinner on Wednesday evening, as I was starting to feel a bit better.  We made tofu steaks with mushrooms, garlic avocado mashed potatoes, and salad:


Luckily I was feeling much better in time for our early Friday morning flight to New Orleans!  More on that later!  This is the 4th year in a row that I've been on an epic vacation over Easter break, and I love it!

What are you up to this Easter weekend?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you aren't sick for your trip! I am heading to NYC Tuesday morning!! Have a great time in NOLA!

DessertForTwo said...

I'm so excited you're going to New Orleans! We just got back from there!
Recommendations:
Court of Two Sisters
Vacherie (best crawfish etoufee ever)
Carousel Bar (in the Monteleone) for Sazeracs (the New Orleans patron cocktail)
Bellocq
Cafe du Monde as many times as you can. Cafe au lait rules me. I still miss it.


Un-recommendations:
Everyone says Cochon is amazing. We went there and had the worst meal. Overly salted. I've heard Cochon Butchery is better during the day, but we were too scared to go back.

Have fun!! :)
Christina

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad you recovered in time for your trip!

Yum - avocado mashed potatoes sound amazing!!!

Kacy said...

I'm glad you got to feeling better!