Thursday, March 14, 2013

Eating it all Up!

The days before a vacation involve a few things:

1)  Cleaning the house.  Coming home from a vacation is hard enough ... coming home and having to clean the house is worse. 

2)  Running errands.  There are always last minute items to pick up, like American cash, travel size toiletries, etc..

3)  Eating up food in the fridge that will go bad.  Christopher was smart enough to remind me not to buy any groceries at the start of the week, because he knew I would.  I only grabbed some strawberries and spinach, and other than that we've been eating what is in the fridge/freezer.  This evening it was pizza with bacon, chicken, spinach, tomato, peppers, onion, olives and cheese - all things that had to be used up. 

 
 

Another day and a bit of eating cleaning out the fridge, and we're off for some fun in the sun! 

Do you have any vacations coming up?  
Did you go on a vacation recently?  Tell me about it!


2 comments:

Kacy said...

My vacations/trips have slowed down, but I felt like I was constantly going the past few months with trips back home to Oklahoma, the Eastern Shore and NYC. I think we might plan a trip to the mountains in a month or so as well.

Hope you have a great trip!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

No vacations for me lately, and none really on the horizon. I am trying to eat things in my fridge/freezer/pantry as the moving company won't pack opened containers of food. I finished off a bag of lentils last night by making a big pot of lentil soup, which was delicious.

Enjoy your vacation! I can't wait to read all about it!