Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Perfect Dog

This is serious business.


It may look like Fall, but ...


The weather is beautiful, and I am holding on to summer with a tight grip.  That means hotdogs are here to stay for a while.

I like my gourmet food, as you know ... but this girl doesn't discriminate when it comes to food.  Hook me up with some Cheese Whiz, a corn dog, a hot dog, even some Kraft Dinner, and I am a happy camper.

The perfect hotdog is not something you can just throw together.  It involves a process.  

The dog should be cooked slowly, very slowly, until the point that it splits.


The bun should be thin so that it does not overpower the other deliciousness that is to come.


The toppings are crucial.  I like crisp bacon, raw white onion and kimchi.


And my condiments of choice ...

 

Perfection.


The only way to make a more perfect hotdog is to cook it over an open fire.  


Next time.

What would be on your perfect hotdog?  If you don't eat hotdogs, what summer foods are you hanging onto, if any?

6 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

OMG that looks divine! I love crispy bacon and cracked hotdogs too. Btw, I wanted to say thanks so much for your positivity on my blog. I love how you have the ability to draw out the positivity in all situations. YOU rock!

Allysia said...

Kimchi on a hot dog sounds like a great idea! I don't usually make hot dogs (not a bbq'er - just don't know how to use the thing!), but the hot dog cart downtown has veggie dogs and I love loading 'em up with sauerkraut and dill pickles and olives. And ketchup and mustard are mandatory!

Kacy said...

I usually just eat my dogs plain but that looks so good! I would definitely try your perfect dog.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum! I, too, love hotdogs. I like mine with mustard and lots and lots of sauerkraut! Mmm! I am a good german girl. :)

Anonymous said...

It absolutely has to be cooked until it splits :) I like my dogs with lots of ketchup, French's mustard, and sometimes a Kraft cheese slice. I keep it pretty basic. I hope this gorgeous weather holds out, even though it has been getting pretty dusty these days. I'll take the dust over snow any day.

Anonymous said...

This is my hot dog....delicious
I want test it real soon.
You have more great recipes.
Bye from Italy