Saturday, August 10, 2019

Backyard Dinner with Friends

Last week we had our friends Matt and Alissa over for dinner.  They walked over after Christopher was home from work.

We started with some edamame dip and rice crackers, cheese and grapes, and an artichoke olive spread on homemade baguette.


Then we grilled up some marinated pork, and had banh mi tacos with spiced crema, and cucumber salad on the side.


For dessert I made a key lime pie:

 

A summery meal enjoyed outside with great friends - it's one of my favourite things to do when the weather is nice.  As luck would have it, we're just about to leave the house to enjoy dinner with another wonderful couple.

I don't want summer to end.

I have two more weeks of holidays, and I plan to enjoy every minute.  

How's your weekend going?  Have you dined with friends recently?  What are you looking forward to for the week ahead?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I can't believe you only have 2 weeks left of summer holidays. It seems like you JUST got out of school! Time flies! Your backyard meal looks excellent as usual. Seriously, seriously wish we could come over for dinner!! Yum!

I'm excited because today is my Monday and my Friday! We leave for the lake tomorrow. I'm looking forward to 5 days up there. We have no concrete plans besides relaxing and spending as much time outdoors as we can. It's my mom's birthday on Wednesday so we'll celebrate with her that night and I'm guessing we'll do an early bday celebration for Phil, too. His birthday is on Sunday but we leave on Saturday so won't be there for his special day. Hopefully we'll get lots of warm, sunny weather!!