Monday, June 10, 2019

Weekend

After work on Friday we drove to Saskatoon to spend time with my mom.  After a late Indian dinner at Spicy Bite, we crashed at our hotel.


Saturday morning breakfast at Grainfields:


We don't have to open the menu, as we order the exact same thing every time.  I always have the pico de gallo omelette, with the pancakes on a separate plate.  Christopher has the traditional breakfast with shredded hash browns, scrambled eggs, rye toast, and bacon.  Mmmm!

After breakfast we went to my mom's care home for the day.  We ran out to grab her perogies for lunch, and Christopher and I got a snack to share:


That evening we had a late dinner at La Bamba Cafe.


Our Sunday was basically a repeat of Saturday - breakfast at Grainfields, then time with my mom.

On Sunday evening we made burgers and salad:


How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I'm glad you had a nice weekend with your mom! That first picture of your dinner has me craving Indian food. I haven't had Indian is such a long time!

Our weekend was really nice. The weather was nice and warm, which I am loving! We had a pretty busy Saturday. Paul had his last swimming lesson in the morning and then I weeded my garden during his morning nap. In the afternoon we went to Phil's cousin's daughter's graduation party. I really love Phil's extended family so we had a great time at the party. We hadn't seen most of his family for over a year so they enjoyed hanging out with Paul. On Sunday we went to the farmer's market for the first time (hoping to do this weekly!) and then after Paul's morning nap we went over to a friend's house to meet their dog. Paul loves seeing dogs when we go on walks. They have a miniature poodle. She was sooo excited to see Paul and her enthusiasm kind of scared Paul. Ha.