Monday, March 25, 2019

Weekend Things

On Thursday evening I made spaghetti with a rosé meat sauce for dinner, before we went to Christopher's parents' house for a visit.  It had been a while since we had seem them, so it was nice to catch up.


On Friday evening we enjoyed crab legs with Greek salad.


After sleeping in a bit on Saturday, Christopher made rosemary scrambled eggs, Hungarian paprika paste potatoes, and bacon for breakfast. 


We then spent the day in our jammies, sipping coffees, watching shows, discovering new music, and having no where to be and nothing to do.  It was really nice.  We had been looking forward to having a pajama day all week.

For dinner we made a few easy Indian dishes, including cilantro lentils, lemon-cumin rice, and saag paneer.


I'm pretty sure, between those three dishes, we used every pot and pan in our house.  There were so many dishes to do after!  It was yummy though, so totally worth it.

On Sunday morning I made a puffy oven pancake for breakfast, along with some bacon.  I put crushed raspberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar into the middle of the pancake.


So much snow melted this weekend, that I'm starting to believe the Spring weather might be here to stay.  I'm getting super excited to sit out in the backyard, go on long walks, have BBQs, and bust out my sandals #soon.  

Dinner last night was jambalaya


Between this and the Indian food, there are a lot of leftovers!


How was your weekend?  What did you do?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, all of that food looks delicious! I love Indian food so the indian dishes look particularly good. We ordered Indian food on Friday at our friend's house. I don't eat meat on Fridays during lent so ordered some vegetarian dishes and they were sooo good! I think next time we order Indian we'll get a mix of vegetarian and chicken dishes. I also need to pull out my Indian cookbook and plan a night in the kitchen.

Our weekend was really nice. We spent lots of time outside! I didn't do much cooking as we had leftovers that we worked out way through over the weekend. Last night I made fish tacos and they were so good. I need to make them more often!