Sunday, March 31, 2013

First Night in New Orleans: NBA Game!

On Friday morning we headed to the airport for an early flight to Denver.  After a 4 hour layover in Denver, we took off to New Orleans, landing around 4:30 p.m..  Our flights were both really good.  We checked into our gorgeous hotel, got ready, and then headed straight to the New Orleans Arena (across from the Superdome) for an NBA game!


We shared a hotdog and settled into our seats for tip-off.

The Heat were in town to play the Hornets, and although we were cheering for the Hornets, holy-wow is Lebron ever an amazing basketball player!

 

Later on in the game we shared some popcorn and a pretzel.

 

The Heat came out on top - no surprise there.


The rest of the evening was spent wandering around the French Quarter, getting a feel for New Orleans.  After only being in New Orleans for 4 hours, we had already been to a game, ate some salty snacks, and covered a lot of ground on foot.

Have you ever been to an NBA game?  Do you like basketball?

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I have never been to an NBA game. Our team (The Timberwolves) tend to suck most seasons so I have never gone to watch them. But I do think it is really fun to go to live sporting events, even if the teams aren't great. Sounds like your trip is off to a great start!

Kacy said...

Fun! I'm a big Thunder fan, but OKC hosted the Hornets after Hurricane Katrina for several years so I have a soft spot for them as well. The Heat? Not so much, haha. I hope to face them in a repeat of the finals this year - to a different end.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for
a blog site? The account aided me a appropriate
deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright
clear concept

Check out my weblog: smart free Stuff