Monday, February 18, 2013

Recent Eats

Valentine's eats included ...

Oatmeal with strawberries, coconut, chia seeds and chocolate.
An incredible appetizer from Bombay
Christopher's briyani from Bombay - WOW - soooo good!  I had shahi paneer and saffron rice.
Bombay has the best Indian food I've ever tasted, and possibly the best food in the city.  We've tried about 7 things on the menu now, and each has been out-of-this-world good.  Can't wait to go back again soon and try something else!  If you give it a shot, I highly recommend ordering off of the menu.

On Friday after work we headed to Saskatoon.  We ate dinner in the hotel before going out for the evening with a pal.

 

On Saturday evening we went out for more Indian food, at Taj Mahal in Saskatoon. 

 
 

This restaurant has a great reputation, and we were impressed with the excellent service.  The food was pretty good, but it's no Bombay.

What restaurant would you say has the best food in your city?
How has your weekend been?

5 comments:

Kacy said...

That's a really tough call, there are so many good restaurants in DC. I think the best places I've found are Komi and Sou'wester. The first is a special occasion place, but Sou'wester is affordable and always has great food.
I love Indian! Jealous.

Anonymous said...

Damn I need my work to take me west so you can take me out to one of these place. Food looks so good!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

YUM!! That Indian food looks delicious. Indian is one of my favorite cuisines! For favorite places in Minneapolis, I'd have to say Brasa is up there. It's this casual place that I guess you could say serves BBQ, but it's things like roasted pork and tenderloin. If you like Italian, another great place is Bar La Grasa. They make all of their pasta from scratch. I can't have it but it looks delicious and I've heard great things!

Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty said...

That Caesar looks incredible!! As does everything - we have no Indian food places anywhere near us!

We have a few good restaurants here. My current favorite is a sushi place, went there the other day with my friend and got a kimichi sunomono salad (so good) and an avocado roll - and it literally had at least a full avocado inside it! SO GOOD!!!

Allysia said...

Happy belated V-day! I think that oatmeal is the perfect brekkie for the occasion, it looks super beautiful. Yummers. Hope you had fun in toon town!