Monday, November 5, 2012

Quack Quack

On Sunday evening we roasted a duck for the first time.  

 

We followed this recipe exactly, and it turned out really well.  It did not splatter grease in my oven (as some had warned it might), but it did render a lot of duck fat in the bottom of the pan, which was easy to clean out after letting it cool.

 
 

I may or may not have saved some of the duck fat to cook with later ...


We enjoyed it with a spinach salad.


Have you ever eaten duck?  Cooked it?
What would you make with the leftovers?

9 comments:

suki said...

Duck fat is perfect over brussel sprouts! :p

Anonymous said...

i have never had duck before but it looks amazing!

Why am I here??? said...

How do you have time to do these kinds of things? You work a full-time job, you're in the process of doing your thesis, aaaaaand you make the most amazing looking dishes. Not only that but you make time for live music and your family. I really just don't understand. Can you please share your secret!!!!

Birdie said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I am envious! I love duck and haven't had it in quite some time. Best meal of my life was many many years ago in New Orleans. Duck and roasted potatoes. I sometimes dream about that meal.

Beautiful photos. Sigh.

Kacy said...

The best duck I've ever had was over pasta in a ragout sauce, maybe you could try that?

Yum Yucky said...

NOM! that meat looks tender and juicy. Never had duck, but I bet my local butcher can hook me up.

Alli said...

Good for you! I loooove duck. I will definitely have to try this.

Jessie said...

I ALWAYS save the duck fat when I roast duck - so good over roasted potatoes! ;)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Nice work!! I have never made duck, but I had some awesome roasted duck when I was in Paris for the first time. It was SO good!