Tuesday, July 3, 2012

If You Cook it, They will Come

I get bored in the summer.  Don't get me wrong, I loooooove the time off ... but I need to keep busy or I go stir crazy.  One way that I keep busy is to cook.  I bookmark recipes all year and the summer is the best time for me to test a bunch of them out and delete the average ones, only keeping the best to add to my regular rotation.  The problem is there is always waaaaay too much food around the house.  Luckily, I have lovely friends who are willing to come over and eat.

Tonight my pals Shauna and Ray came over to eat roasted garlic and chicken lasagna, served with artichoke bread.


Very rich.  Very carb heavy.  No calories whatsoever.
Pretty much my favourite type of food.  Don't judge.

My BFF Shauna cutting the lasagna.
 
 

They happily cleaned their plates, and reached for more bread but I don't believe these recipes are good enough to make again.  Delete.

 

I only keep the recipes that I believe are THE BEST in their category.  Think you have a chicken lasagna recipe or a cheese bread recipe that is the best?  Links please!

I have big plans for the coming weeks, and dozens of recipes bookmarked in different categories (soups, meats, salads, cookies, cakes/pies/cupcakes, breakfasts, breads, etc.) that need paring down.  Every since TasteSpotting and Foodgawker came around my bookmarked lists have become excessive.

Do you have a list of recipes that you want to make?  
Do you organize or categorize those recipes?


6 comments:

Simply life said...

your friends are lucky to have you to taste the recipes with!

YES! I looooooove this recipe! (original recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen) http://www.simplylifeblog.com/2012/03/cheddar-beer-and-mustard-pull-apart-bread-are-you-a-dreamer-or-realist/

Allysia said...

I try to keep recipes organized as best as I can...that doesn't mean I always succeed though, ha ha. :) WAY too many blogger recipes bookmarked! And cooking is definitely a good way to spend some of the extra time in the summer. :)

Squishy said...

I am drooooling! How can you go wrong with a meal like this?!

I hope you had a fabulous 4th!
XOXO
http://TheSquishyMonster.com
Twitter @aSquishyMonster

Kacy said...

I have so many lists of recipes I want to make. I need to organize them better so I'll make more of them.
The lasagna looked yummy at least!

LoLy said...

Can I be your friend as i am a very lazy cook :p
xx
Loly
http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Gosh, I'd love to be your friends so I could come over and try your recipes! :)

I don't have an official list of what I'd like to try. I have a mental list in my head instead!! This summer I plan to try some recipes that we'll use for our annual Julia Child night in the fall!