Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Weekend Things

Rewind to the weekend ...

On Friday evening Christopher and I got groceries and then settled in on the couch with a tray of nachos.  We've started watching Arrested Development and Schitt's Creek, and are finding both super funny!


Breakfast on Saturday morning was overnight oats, and then I don't think we ate anything else until much later in the day when we whipped up creamy parmesan fusilli.


The next morning Christopher made shakshuka for breakfast.  We haven't been eating eggs lately, but we thought we'd give them a try again, and this was really good.


After breakfast, we got a pot of bolognese sauce going on the stove, as well as a pot of chicken and dumplings.  These would be our lunches and dinners for the next few days.


I made a pan of puffed wheat cake/squares, and one of Rice Krispy cake/squares too; these are such easy desserts to throw together, and nice to have on hand when we're craving a little treat.


Our next two weekends (and probably more) will be busy, so we really enjoyed having this weekend at home to get some stuff done around the house, and do some cooking.

This week has been flying by, and it has been nice not having to cook for the past three days. 

How is your week going? 
What is the easiest dessert you make?

(The two above are definitely my easiest.  The puffed wheat recipe is linked above, and the Rice Krispy one is from the cereal box.)

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Lots of good eats as usual! I love chicken and dumplings. It's a good stick to your ribs kind of meal! Yum! I need to make that again soon. I have an instant pot recipe for them which is so easy and fast!

This week has been pretty crazy for us with all the prep for moving. I still managed to make a couple of meals - wild rice soup in the instant pot and an Italian rice ball skillet. Now we won't cook again until Sunday most likely? But we have lots of leftovers to get us through the move and will probably order in one day. I can't wait to have the move behind us and have everything in one place!!

I so rarely make dessert since no one wants to eat GF treats if they don't have to. ;) The most popular thing I make is GF sugar cookies. I use an America's Test Kitchen recipe and I have to say they taste pretty darn delicious!!