Thursday, February 15, 2018

Our Valentine's Day

When Christopher and I first started dating he invited me over for dinner.  He had rolled up some sushi and served it with kimchi, which he knew was my favourite.  I had told him that I was trying to learn to like smoked oysters, so he served some of those too, as well as seaweed and tea.  We had dumplings to start.  I was already smitten with him, but this definitely had me even more intrigued.

Then
Since this was the first meal he ever made me, we thought it would be fun to replicate it for our Valentine's dinner.  We cheated and picked up the sushi from a restaurant, as we wanted more time to just hang out.  It was fun to re-do this dinner that brings back so many fond memories for us.

Now
I remember Christopher putting on Jill Barber's Chances disc (so romantic), and then we danced in the kitchen, and he promised that we would always dance in the kitchen together ... forever.

Did you celebrate Valentine's day?  What did you do?
It's almost the weekend - any plans?

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow, Christopher did an amazing job with that first meal at his place! The dancing in the kitchen? Swooooon!! You two are definitely the perfect match for each other and it's great that you both enjoy and are good at cooking as I can't imagine you with someone who doesn't cook! The sushi looks so dang good. I can't wait to have some after the baby is born but I don't have to wait too much longer!

Our Valentine's Day was so lame! I was in pain from a flare so I warmed up a can of soup for dinner and Phil had leftovers he brought home from his mom's on Sunday. That was the extent of our V-day celebrations. We spent the night watching the Olympics which has been a fun evening activity for us to do! Although it's not much of an 'activity' when you are just laying on the couch, but that's about all that happens around here this days since I'm in the final stretch of pregnancy. I can't wait to be done with pregnancy and to be able to get out for family walks when the weather is nicer!!!

Amber said...

Aww that is so romantic!! Eric is on night shift right now so we had a nice breakfast together :)