Monday, July 24, 2017

The Rest of my Monday

My morning was wonderful, and the rest of my day was just as good.  I spent some time reading in the backyard:


Sipping on this iced tea that I made:


I whipped up some bread dough, and worked my muscles kneading it for a long 10 minutes.


Focaccia bread ready for the oven:


And done!


Once Christopher was home from work we spent time visiting in the yard before getting started on dinner.  We made a baked scallop dish with white wine, garlic, panko crumbs and lemon juice.


We cut into the fresh-baked focaccia to enjoy with the scallops, and to soak up some of the sauce.


A simple green salad on the side completed the meal:


For dessert we cut into the easy frozen cheesecake that I made this morning.


A little trash TV to end the evening off, and I have to say that today was a pretty nice start to the week.  We are looking forward to trying new recipes, having a picnic, having guests over, and attending two nieces' birthday parties this week!

How was your Monday?  What are you looking forward to this week?

1 comment:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Monday seems like so long ago! It is my busiest day at work so Mondays usually fly by for me. It was a short week for me as I left for the lake on Wednesday! That bread looks amazing!!